Site Meter

Saturday, August 9, 2008

TIME IS RUNNING OUT?

After hibernating for almost a year, here i come today with a big bang, hooray!
Time flies, and mind u, u really feel it flying when u are in your 50's. When u are young, sayings like 'time and tide waits for no man', ' guangyin shi jian', 'yicun guangyin yicun jin' , etc ,etc, might sound silly to u; but now, i feel that these are so real. Peers are complaining that time is running out!
I remember when i was in my teen age, i admired those in their 20's, imagining myself like them one day, being independent and able to cycle to the cinema in the nearby town with friends. Naturally, i wished time could have passed faster then.
Then,.... coming to the 2nd half of my 20's, i tended to look at those in their 30's (even early 30's) as 'quite old'. I began to feel that time was passing fast...
So, the same feeling towards people elder than me went on when i reached my 30's and then 40's....And now, i looked at those in their 60's as 'old' people, 'thinking' that i am still young!
What when i reach my 60's? Only people in their 70's and 80's are old and i am still not old?
Hopefully i will never feel old even in my .........!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice post, time and tide waits for no man indeed

kh said...

Yeah, time flies...can't wait for retirement! haha. By the way, interesting and creative blog entries papa, can try to send it to The Star.

Anonymous said...

Aiyah, that was not Koon Hiang, I don't have my own account so his name appeared instead.